Thursday, August 9, 2012

Still here and working on Elizabeth

No, I really did not drop off the planet.  However, all my teen boys were home for the summer.  So while I did get some stitching time in, I did not get much computer time in.  The hair is done in French knots with tails to cover the ground.  I think my French knots are closer together than the original by Gay Ann Rogers.

Elizabeth with hair and cap late July 2012
The next thing to be added to Elizabeth were her cuffs.
Cuffs closeup
 The last picture is the overview of Elizabeth as she is now.  The top corner shows the background basketweave.  Gay Ann Rogers recommends working it a little at a time as we work on the rest of the piece.  So far I am really enjoying this project.

And an overview of Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment